Experienced electrical project engineer to join out growing engineering department
Designer Group is looking to recruit an experienced electrical project engineer to join its growing engineering department. You will join a team of ambitions, innovative engineers challenged with delivering projects from our diverse range of clients from a commercial office fit out, to a prefabricated modular MV switch room, to a Biomass Boiler Plant in Africa.
About Designer Group
Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Why this role matters to DG
The Engineering Team is an essential department within Designer Group and forms part of the foundation of every project. The Engineering Team is directly responsible for a number of key components in a project, delivering the highest standard of safety and quality.
Designer Group is always at the forefront of the latest design and construction technology. From utilising design software, 3D modelling, point cloud scanning and 3D printing, Designer Group ensures their Engineering Team are equipped with the latest and best technology to ensure innovative solutions.
Overview of duties
• Undertake a full design review of drawings, specifications and schedules to ensure compliance with the applicable standards and industry guides.
• Responsible for developing engineering alternative solutions, including detailed calculations and sketches for client approval.
• Engineering software tools including, Dialux or Relux, Amtech Pro Design and Navisworks.
• Review of the co-ordinated construction drawings and documentation.
• Prepare RFI’s and issue to the client.
• Detailed review of specialist supplier packages for compliance with project specification and applicable industry standards.
• Prepare and monitor procurement schedule in conjunction with the procurement team.
• Prepare and monitor technical submittals for approval by the client.
• Review BCAR preliminary inspection plan and coordinate with the quality team.
• Monitor LEED and BREEAM requirements and submittals as required.
• Preparation of operation and maintenance manuals.
• Assistance with client demonstrations.
• Review and provide attendance during commissioning stage.
• A Level 7 Degree in Electrical Engineering/Electrical Services Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in electrical project engineering or a similar role.
• Strong understanding of electrical systems from a design or construction perspective.
• Capable of working as part of a team and on own initiative.
• Good knowledge of the current electrical, fire alarm and emergency lighting standards within Ireland.
• Knowledge of key engineering software packages such as Dialux or Relux, Amtech and Navisworks is desirable but not essential.
• Health Care
• Career Progression
• Accredited Engineers Ireland Employer for CPD
• Pathway to Chartership
• International Travel Opportunities
How you can develop your career in DG
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth and so encouraging continuous professional development and pathway to Professional Chartership is a top priority. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com