Become a part of our exciting company expansion project
As part of an exciting company expansion project Designer Group are seeking for an Industrial Contracts Manager to join our Industrial department.
About Our Company
Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
As Industrial Contracts Manager your main focuses will be on the supervision and direction of operations on M&E Projects, ensuring projects are completed safely, to a high-quality standard, on time and within budget. You will be responsible for the management of personnel on-site, for specialist sub-contractors, agency and direct employees of Designer Group. You will work collaboratively with Site Managers to ensure that installations are ready for commissioning within their timelines on any project.
Your Key Responsibilities as Industrial Contracts Manager
- Design development, value engineering, pre and post contract commencement.
- Scheduling budgets, achieving targets, identifying variations and changes. Closely monitor the usage of materials and resources on projects.
- Manage all aspects of programming or works and monitoring building progress, specified and alternative equipment submittals, compliance with regulations and issue weekly progress reports.
- Oversee the contracting process with chosen sub-contractors/specialists and ensure works are carried out correctly and per contract and relevant specifications.
- Work in conjunction with Project QS to ensure lists of variations comply and issues in accordance with project/contract requirements.
- Ensure weekly progress reports are issued, for example, RFI’s, procurement schedules, technical submittals, program responses, critical date, identification and any documentation that is specific to projects which you are involved in.
- Hold regular meetings with both the design team and sub-contractors, oversee and execute the effective control and use of both labour and materials on projects.
- Be responsible for implementing company Health and Safety Procedures and reporting to the Company’s Health and Safety Manager.
- Actively engage in Business development to obtain future opportunities for the company.
- Maintain and build upon good working relationships with internal & external stakeholders of the business.
Your Education & Experience
- Ideally 10+ years’ experience in M&E background.
- Third Level Degree desirable, not essential.
Your Skills & Competencies
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management.
- Good interpersonal & written communication skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Why work for us?
Our people are our most important asset, we take pride in the quality of our staff and provide appropriate training for our people and always look to develop them within our business ensuring we have a strong and experienced workforce that gives us exceptional self-delivery capability.
To apply to this opportunity please submit your details and resume to email@example.com , we look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org