Website Designer Group:
Collaborating closely with the Commercial Director or commercial manager
As Quantity Surveyor one of your main focuses will be involvement in compilation of tender documents and procurement strategy. You will be collaborating closely with the Commercial Director or commercial manager as well as liaising with the operations and engineering teams and Buyer/Estimation Departments in relation to company projects.
About Designer Group
Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities and MEP services. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Why this role matters to DG
The commercial department is the essential cog in the business and links the commercial operations on our projects with the overall financial management of the business. This allows projects to run on budget and finances to flow as smoothly as possible.
Overview of duties
- Placement of sub-contract orders in conjunction with relevant Manager/Buying Department.
- Evaluate the terms and conditions of sub-contractors / contracts with emphasis on Risk, Program, Terms & Conditions, Design Responsibility etc.
- Prepare Tender Risk Analysis based on standard format, Contract documentation including bill of quantities.
- Run accurate Commercial Cost Control Reports on projects ensuring reports clearly identify committed costs, forecast costs for materials, sub-contract and labour in addition to preliminaries etc.
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks in conjunction with the Commercial Director/Commercial manager.
- To prepare and present monthly company reports at each project and/or business review, in line with company formats and standards.
- Assist the Commercial Director in the preparation of monthly commercial reports.
- Assist the Estimation Department from time to time on the preparation of estimates.
- Ensure that client relationships are enhanced to maximize on current and future opportunities.
Your Education & Experience Requirements
- Third level Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
Your Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with cross functional personnel.
- Good attention to detail, with an analytical approach and ability to work using your own initiative.
• Health Care
• Career Progression within the wider group
• Accredited Engineers Ireland Employer for CPD
• Pathway to Chartership with the SCSI
• International Travel Opportunities
How you can develop your career in DG
The Commercial Team work closely with all departments in the group, allowing employees to vary and develop their knowledge and expertise. Our people are the foundation for our continued growth and encouraging continuous professional development and providing a pathway to Professional Chartership is a top priority. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com