About Our Company
Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
As CAD Coordinator one of your main focuses will be on development of systems and designs, co-ordinate building services layouts, management of drawing registers and standards. You will be liaising closely with our client representatives, project managers, site supervisors and with our engineering team. You will be reporting directly to the BIM Manager.
Overview of duties
- To coordinate the CAD drawings according to DG standards.
- To liaise with Project Engineer and Site Managers regarding design and project coordination.
- To produce builderswork drawings from the coordinated file.
- To produce mechanical, electrical and coordinated drawings for Internal Approval.
- To upload the approval drawings to the Shared Project Folder on Viewpoint and notify team the team of the upload.
- To make the necessary changes to the drawings as per the comments from the site team
- Once internal approved, issue the drawings to the Main Contractors CDE for Construction approval.
- Update Drawing Register and Drawing tracker accordingly.
- Address comments from client and consultants and re-upload as necessary.
- Chair internal Coordination workshops and take meeting minutes.
- Attend external Coordination Workshops and take meeting minutes
Your education & experience requirements
- Third level degree/Trade experience advantageous.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Your skills & competencies
- Excellent working Knowledge of full CAD/BIM Suite, including Revit
- Good knowledge of M&E services and HVAC background
- Previous experience of producing AutoCAD M&E services drawings for new builds as well as refurbishments
- Previous experience working in an M&E / Engineering environment desirable
- Ability to prioritise workload according to deadlines
- IT literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Ability to work unsupervised and to a high standard
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Career progression
- Accredited Engineers Ireland Employer for CPD
- International Travel Opportunities