About Our Company
Designer Group is a leading international mechanical & electrical provider specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply, and installation of M&E services. Headquartered in Dublin, we employ in excess of 1000 experienced and dedicated colleagues across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies and our common purpose is delivering ambitious, innovative and sustainable engineering solutions, building client partnerships that bear testament to the standards we uphold.
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values of:
This is an exciting time for Designer Group, with the fruits of our Engineering Our Future Strategy 2025 reflected in our substantial pipeline of work in Ireland, Europe, Africa and South America.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertake a full design review of drawings, specifications and schedules to ensure compliance with the applicable standards and industry guides.
- Responsible for developing engineering alternative solutions, including detailed calculations and sketches for client approval.
- Engineering software tools including, Dialux or Relux, Amtech Pro Design and Navisworks.
- Review of the co-ordinated construction drawings and documentation.
- Prepare RFI’s and issue to the client.
- Detailed review of specialist supplier packages for compliance with project specification and applicable industry standards.
- Prepare and monitor procurement schedule in conjunction with the procurement team.
- Prepare and monitor technical submittals for approval by the client.
- Review BCAR preliminary inspection plan and coordinate with the quality team.
- Monitor LEED and BREEAM requirements and submittals as required.
- Preparation of operation and maintenance manuals.
- Assistance with client demonstrations.
- Review and provide attendance during commissioning stage.
Your Education and Experience Requirements
- A Level 7 Degree in Electrical Engineering/Electrical Services Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electrical project engineering or a similar role.
- Strong understanding of electrical systems from a design or construction perspective.
- Capable of working as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good knowledge of the current electrical, fire alarm and emergency lighting standards within Ireland.
- Knowledge of key engineering software packages such as Dialux or Relux, Amtech and Navisworks is desirable but not essential.
- Health Care
- Career Progression
- Accredited Engineers Ireland Employer for CPD
- Pathway to Chartership
- International Travel Opportunities
Our Head of Engineering began his career with Designer Group as a Graduate Electrical Engineer. His drive and ambition have allowed him to develop within Designer Group and we encourage all our staff to do the same.
Designer Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.