17/4, all travel and accommodation costs are covered by Designer Group and a subsistence allowance is also provided.
About Our Company
Designer Group is a leading international mechanical & electrical provider specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply, and installation of M&E services. Headquartered in Dublin, we employ in excess of 1000 experienced and dedicated colleagues across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies and our common purpose is delivering ambitious, innovative and sustainable engineering solutions, building client partnerships that bear testament to the standards we uphold.
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values:
This is an exciting time for Designer Group, with the fruits of our Engineering Our Future Strategy 2025 reflected in our substantial pipeline of work in Ireland, Europe, Africa and South America.
Why this role matters to Designer Group
Our people are our most important asset, we take pride in the quality of our staff and provide appropriate training for our people and always look to develop them within our business ensuring we have a strong and experienced workforce that gives us exceptional self-delivery capability. As part of an exciting company expansion project Designer Group are seeking an Electrical Project Engineer to join our team.
- Required to supervise and direct operations on M&E Projects, ensuring projects are completed safely, to a high-quality standard, on time and within budget.
- Oversee the technical compliance of the installation and plant selection.
- Assist with the Management of all aspects of programming of works and monitoring building progress; specified and alternative equipment submittals, compliance with regulations and issue weekly progress reports.
- Co-ordination of installation. And maintain installation remains aligned with design intent.
- Review design process to ensure that installations are fit for purpose.
- Ensure weekly progress reporting is issued, for example RFI’s, procurement schedules, technical submittals, program responses, critical date, identification and any documentation that is specific to projects which you are involved in. In order to achieve this, it is important that a full understanding of all aspects of the project is known.
- Production of Technical Submittals and Proposals.
- Oversee co-ordination of plant movement and plant records and keeping log records up to date and accurate and reporting plant issues.
- Ensure Site Team manage co-ordination of delivery of materials to site, when required, including checking quantity and quality of deliveries and taking full responsibility for same.
- Liaison with clients, main contractors and other trades personnel as and when required.
- Attendance at all project related and management meetings.
- Hold regular progress meetings with both the design team and sub-contractors and effectively control the use of both labour and materials.
- Development and maintenance of relationships with team members.
- Carry out surveys of installations.
- Ensure the installations are ready for commissioning on the due dates and manage commissioning so that no liquidated damages are incurred on any projects.
- Inspection, testing, commissioning and witnessing plans.
- Take part in value engineering and financial aspects of projects and follow guidance and direction of such meetings.
- Close out project successfully and to budgeted profit levels.
- Commercial awareness – requesting and monitoring of instructions, issue of work records, labour returns, provision of information for costing of variations etc.
- Monitoring and implementation of BREEAM and LEED requirements.
- Production of all electrical Inspection, testing, commissioning and witnessing plans.
- Liaising with Designer Group’s Quality Manager on all aspects of quality and ensuring any queries/issues are addressed and signed off.
- Comply with Designer Group’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Systems including monitoring and maintaining site documentation.
- Comply with Designer Group Policies and Procedures throughout day to day working.
- Plan all labour and material requirements at least two weeks in advance, ensuring adequate stocks/materials are available on site at all times.
- Compiling lists of variations and issuing same to consultant engineers/quantity surveyors.
- Will play a key role in the value engineering process of the project which will include setting budgets, achieving targets, identifying variations and changes. Closely monitoring the usage of materials and resources on site.
- Procurement of subcontract, plant and materials in conjunction with Buying Department taking full responsibility for achieving commercial buying targets.
- Ensure subcontract/plant scopes are prepared to ensure that there are no grey areas in the package and to ensure that risks are offset via the supply chain.
- Closely monitor the usage of materials and resources on site.
- Ensure productivity monitoring is put in place for all direct employed/agency operatives.
Your Education & Experience Requirements
- HNC or Degree in Building Services, with electrical bias.
- Ability to read drawings and understand technical papers and documents.
- Able to create technical documents, comment on technical drawings and assist in Engineering solutions and design.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be an exceptional team player, interacting with all departments on a daily basis.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing to train and learn new skills.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail in every aspect of their work.
- Possess an excellent grasp of the English language and grammar.
- Be confident and outgoing.
- Be a proactive, self-starter, reliable and able to use own initiative.
- Be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Designer Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.