Why this role matters to DG
Designer Group is a leading specialist Mechanical and Electrical service provider working direct to the client or for tier 1 main contractors on a range of high profile projects within London and surrounding areas. DG is a very established business with the Dublin office employing over 800 staff. The UK business subsequently opened in 2006 becoming very successful, growing significantly within the last two years and currently employing over 200 staff which will continue to increase over the next five years. Our success depends solely on the quality and motivation of our people and their ability to challenge the ‘norm’.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values: Safe/Trust/Respect/Challenge/Deliver.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Project Engineer to join the business on a permanent, full-time basis working from one of our prestigious projects in Central London and the surrounding areas which will also require some travel to our Watford Head Office and London Office.
The role would suit someone that is keen to develop their career in a growing organisation.
Reporting to the Project Director the roles and requirements, and personal specifications for the position are as outlined here.
- Attend and be pro-active in any Health & Safety Meetings.
- Required to supervise and direct operations
on M&E Projects, ensuring projects are
completed safely, to a high quality standard,
on time and within budget.
- Over see the technical compliance of the
installation and plant selection.Assist with the Management of all aspects of
programming of works and monitoring
building progress; specified and alternative
equipment submittals, compliance with
regulations and issue weekly progress
- Co ordination of installation. And maintain
installation remains aligned with design
- Review design process to ensure that
installations are fit for purpose.
- Ensure weekly progress reporting is issued,
for example RFI’s, procurement schedules,
technical submittals, program responses,
critical date, identification and any
documentation that is specific to projects
which you are involved in. In order to
achieve this, it is important that a full
understanding of all aspects of the project is
- Production of Technical Submittals and
- Oversee co ordination of plant movement
and plant records and keeping log records up
to date and accurate and reporting plant
- Ensure Site Team manage co ordination of
delivery of materials to site, when required,
including checking quantity and quality of
deliveries and taking full responsibility for
- Liaison with clients, main contractors and
other trades personnel as and when required.
- Attendance at all project related and
- Hold regular progress meetings with both the
design team and sub contractors and
effectively control the use of both labour and
- Development and maintenance of
relationships with team members.
Carry out surveys of installations.
- Ensure the installations are ready for
commissioning on the due dates and manage
commissioning so that no liquidated damages
are incurred on any projects.
Inspection, testing, commissioning and
- Take part in value engineering and financial
aspects of projects and follow guidance and
direction of such meetings.
- Close out project successfully and to
budgeted profit levels.
- Commercial awareness requesting and
monitoring of instructions, issue of work
records, labour returns, provision of
information for costing of variations etc.
- Monitoring and implementation of BREEAM
and LEED requirements.
to the businesses continued growth we
currently have an exciting opportunity for an
Electrical Project Engineer to join our business
on a permanent, full time basis based on one
of our projects within Central London
role would suit someone that is keen to
develop their career within a growing
organisation and has aspirations to become a
future manager within the business We are
therefore looking for individuals who are bright,
enthusiastic and are looking for a challenge
Knowledge and Experience Required
- HNC or Degree in Building Services, with
- Ability to read drawings and understand
technical papers and documents
- Able to create technical documents, comment
on technical drawings and assist in
Engineering solutions and design
- Be able to work independently with minimal
- Be an exceptional team player, interacting with all
departments on a daily basis
- Flexible and adaptable, willing to train and learn
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail in every
aspect of their work
- Possess an excellent grasp of the English language
- Be confident and outgoing
- Be a proactive, self starter, reliable and able to
use own initiative
Be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Designer Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.