About the role
This is an exciting new role that will be integral to the development of a brand new department within our established global business. We are looking for a passionate and self driven individual who can understand and interpret our tone of voice through design, ensuring consistency across all of our communication touch points.
You will have exceptional creativity, with a keen eye for detail as well as organisational, communicational and project management skills. The successful candidate must have proven experience in graphic design (and preferably video editing also), with a strong design portfolio, and be able to demonstrate an accurate interpretation of Designer Group’s brand. You must be forward thinking, driving new ideas for design to push the brand forwards, and be comfortable juggling a number of tasks in a fast paced environment.
You will create and develop a wide range of print and digital collateral for a range of audiences. Working to tight deadlines, you will need to be able to prioritise work, communicate effectively and have excellent attention to detail. In addition, you will work closely with a variety of stakeholders, particularly the Preconstruction teams, and a significant part of the role will involve leading on the design of our tender submissions, for priority project opportunities.
You will be responsible for the design of any new and exciting content marketing campaigns, visual graphics for use on websites and social media, all our collateral for print and the way our brand is represented across our many prestigious construction sites.
We are seeking candidates who value collaboration, creative solutions, and teamwork. You must love social media, understand how people consume content and bring an abundance of creative flair to Designer Group.
The marketing department is small and therefore the role offers diversity and exposure to many aspects of marketing. You may also be required to support day to day marketing team activities in addition to your core role as a designer.
- Conceptualising design ideas and developing a range of creative ideas and concepts in response to design briefs for any external and internal marketing materials.
- Liaising with colleagues to agree final design direction.
- Producing a range of print and online materials including tender documents and presentations, brochures, display stands, adverts etc.
- Maintain compliance with corporate identity and company style, whilst driving improvements to the ‘look and feel’ of corporate materials.
- Design visual content specifically for digital applications.
- Edit and optimise graphics (and video clips) for use on social media platforms.
- Leading on the design and completion of tenders.
- Research the client and understand their brand and inject this into the tender submission.
- Create any visuals required for PQQ, tender submissions and interview presentations.
- Support the production of logistics plans and visuals.
- Ensure the look and feel of marketing materials and tenders reflect the quality of our offer and brand.
- Build strong relationships with pre-construction & delivery teams.
- Create infographics and presentation materials to simplify reporting and communication of complex concepts &/or date.
- Work closely with printers, online suppliers and other vendors to manage final outputs.
- Stay up to date with the latest design trends and incorporate into your deliverables.
- Contribute to management of our photography and video plan to ensure appropriate resources are available.
- Assist internal teams in developing and executing marketing and communications plans.
- Create short videos to highlight, recap, and promote various messages, endeavours and events, with the ability to repurpose for different communication
- Communicating productively with management (and clients if necessary) to keep them up to date with project milestones.
- Liaise with external graphic design agencies, if required.
- Support management and prioritisation of workload to ensure high quality, timely outputs.
- A methodical approach to managing work in progress, filing and archiving.
- Be a team player. Contribute to the team culture in the office and always be there to help.
Knowledge & experience
- A full and fluent knowledge of design tools and software including advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills essential, as well as the company’s Microsoft based software tools including PowerPoint.
- Track record of designing for screen and print.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience identifying client value and developing tenders to meet that value.
- Knowledge of printing techniques.
- Project management skills.
- 3D visualisation skills a distinct advantage.
- Video editing skills a distinct advantage.
- Basic videographer/camera skills are a plus.
Knowledge & experience
- A pleasant, positive and ambitious approach, eager to achieve the best for the overall business.
- A genuine love of all things creative.
- Enthusiastic, keen to progress and a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to self motivate and be pro active.
- Articulate and approachable, with brilliant presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Forward thinking and open to learning new software and techniques.
- Interested in the latest design trends.
- The ability to think creatively and deliver impressive concepts.
- Confidence to be bold with your work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability and willingness to work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand team dynamics and able to integrate into a team.
- Creative and innovative ‘outside of the box’ thinking.
- Solution focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with team members.
- A sales / marketing mindset to sell our brand and experience.