About the role
This is an exciting new role that will be integral to the development of a brand new department within our established global business. We are looking for a confident individual, preferably with experience in a B2B, multi channel marketing position, who can apply their existing skills, whilst developing their own talents and knowledge along the way.
You will work closely with multiple departments, particularly HR, and therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential. The marketing department is small and therefore the role offers diversity and exposure to many facets of marketing, covering day to day department activities and providing important support to the wider business. You will have an abundance of creative flair, with a keen eye for detail and a naturally analytical and inquisitive mind.
The ideal candidate is someone with a construction, engineering or professional services background, and the ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment. You will be a motivated and reliable worker who brings enthusiasm and positivity to a team. Although our Group Head of Marketing does visit our Dublin office, they are officially based in our UK HQ, and so we are looking for a candidate whom we can trust to work pro actively and independently.
Digital marketing is a key area of focus. One of your tasks will be to support the maintenance of our brand new company website through a content management system. Social media will also be a focal point of our external communications strategy, and you will help to generate regular, impactful content that drives traffic and encourages engagement.
- Support the successful implementation of the Group marketing and communications strategy.
- Support the production of all internal and external communications.
- Ensure our brand is accurately represented according to the brand guidelines across all channels, templates and documents business wide.
- Communicate with our international offices to assist in their marketing efforts and ensure consistent marcomms across the Group.
- Create project timing plans and write creative briefs.
- Copywrite literature i.e. blogs and case studies, with the support of the business’s technical teams.
- Seek PR opportunities to promote the Group and support with the production of any press releases and articles.
- Design and produce ad hoc marketing materials i.e. flyers, posters, event tickets.
- Produce presentations for tenders, key client meetings and/or events.
- Gather business news across the Group and generate effective social media content.
- Monitor and report on engagement and activity driven from social posts.
- Maintain updates on the Group website through the CMS system whilst using SEO best practice to ensure all web content is optimised.
- Report on all web related activity and metrics via Google Analytics.
- Assist with updating the staff intranet system.
- Create and distribute email marketing campaigns measuring the overall effectiveness.
- Undertake market research into our industry and sectors, keeping abreast of technological and other relevant digital developments and/or market trends, and make recommendations to the business where appropriate to continually improve our marketing strategy.
- Keep a keen eye on our competition and track their marketing activity by conducting regular audits.
- Assist with research, co ordination and planning for internal and external events, exhibitions and conferences, along with ad hoc attendance at such events.
- Liaise and manage relationships with various suppliers and vendors such as our external agencies, venues, printers and photographers.
- Provide crucial administrative support for the Head of Marketing and Communications.
- Maintain our marketing lists and databases ensuring current contact details are correct and up to date.
- Keep track of marketing material stock levels.
- Be flexible at all times to accommodate ad hoc requirements in order to deliver relevant and timely marketing content and design where required.
- Liaise with external graphic design agencies, if required.
- Support management and prioritisation of workload to ensure high quality, timely outputs.
- A methodical approach to managing work in progress, filing and archiving.
- Be a team player. Contribute to the team culture in the office and always be there to help.
Knowledge & experience
- 3 years experience in a B2B, multi channel marketing/communication role.
- A bachelor’s degree with significant marketing, business or creative content; or equivalent recognised professional qualification, such as CIM, is desirable.
- Experience of managing social media channels.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with previous exposure of digital and print copywriting to meet specific brand tone of voice requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of WordPress, Google analytics, Microsoft SharePoint and Mailing Manager (or similar).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and advanced level PowerPoint skills.
- Strong creative eye and graphic creation skills (knowledge of Adobe CC an advantage).
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise requests working to tight timescales, whilst maintaining quality.
- Ability to demonstrate analysis, reporting and ROI on marketing activity.
- Construction or similar industry experience a distinct advantage.
- A pleasant, positive and ambitious approach, eager to achieve the best for the overall business.
- A genuine love of all things creative.
- Enthusiastic, keen to progress and a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to self motivate and be pro active.
- Articulate and approachable, with brilliant presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A keen eye for detail and excellent proof reading skills.
- Interest in new trends and software.
- A significant interest in personal development and learning.
- The ability and willingness to work to meet deadlines.
- Solution focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions and recommendations.