About the Company
Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Why this role matters to Designer Group
As part of an exciting company expansion project, Designer Group are seeking for a Mechanical Foreperson to join our On-Site Department.
- Tracking programme to ensure all dates are achieved.
- Oversee and ensure commissioning attendance.
- Identifying and highlighting any progress slippage immediately.
- Maintain plant list and ensuring adequate plant is available for resources on site.
- Delivery of project ensuring Company’s Health & Safety Standards are achieved at all times.
- Ensuring safety standards and compliance with legislative requirements is adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring RAMS are in place in a timely manner for all work activities and communicated to personnel on site.
- Ensure on-site compliance in relation to PPE.
- Planning of sequencing of work activities to ensure safe systems of work.
- Ensure Harmony Meetings take place each morning, with daily co-ordination.
- Regular tool box talks to be carried out.
- Ensure all tasks are completed with the appropriate safety paperwork in place.
- Ensure weekly safety audits are carried out and issued.
- Delivery of project ensuring Company’s Quality Standards are achieved at all times.
- Ensure snagging is carried out at each phase of works per main contractor systems/ requirements.
- Ensure works are carried out utilising the relevant QP’s and SD’s.
- Ensure as built drawings are marked up in a timely manner and to required standards.
- Ensure photographic records are maintained for sign off of completed works, works in progress and issued to QA/Safety person for record purposes.
Your education & experience requirements
- Ideally 8years’ + trade/CH experience.
- Good interpersonal & written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and manage teams.
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth and so encouraging continuous professional development and pathway to Professional Chartership is a top priority. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Our Head of Engineering began his career with Designer Group as a Graduate Electrical Engineer. His drive and ambition have allowed him to develop within Designer Group and we encourage all our staff to do the same.