About The Company
Designer Group is a leading specialist Mechanical and Electrical service provider working direct to the client or for tier 1 main contractors on a range of high profile projects within London and surrounding areas. DG is a very established business with the Dublin office employing over 800 staff. The UK business subsequently opened in 2006 becoming very successful, growing significantly within the last two years and currently employing over 200 staff which will continue to increase over the next five years. Our success depends solely on the quality and motivation of our people and their ability to challenge the ‘norm’.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values: Safe/Trust/Respect/Challenge/Deliver.
- Planning of all resources including labour, materials and plant.
- Management of specific packages within the overall project
- To manage and drive a large team to meet with all project requirements and deadlines.
- Ensure the adherence to company safety and quality standards.
- Ensure project profitability.
- Responsible for all aspects of personnel under their charge.
- Project Scheduling/ Planning.
- Reporting on Project Progress to the Management Team on a weekly basis, with tasks tracked accordingly.
- Reading and Interpreting P&ID’s / GA Drawings / Specifications.
- Proven record of co-ordinating and managing large projects.
- Ensure successful Commissioning / Handover of projects in accordance with Company procedures.
- Working with and utilising all support functions within the business including Pre-Construction/Design/Procurement/Commercial/HR/Finance etc.
- Looking at new initiatives to introduce into the project ensuring DG continue to operate more efficiently.
- Build good solid working relationships with clients both current and new ones, ensuring repeat business.
Your Skills and Competencies
- Strong Communication and People management skills are required with experience in leading a team, work delegation and delivering in accordance with the project program.
- Be able to carry out Material Take Offs for inclusion in site requisitions
- Good Computer skills – Windows, MS Office
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment.
- Ability to drive a large-scale project.
Qualifications and Experience
- You will have 5+ years of recent and similar experience with a large M&E contractor on large commercial projects.
- 3rd Level Engineering Qualification or Trade background with relevant experience.