About this role
We are a leading innovative and sustainable provider of mechanical and electrical engineering solutions. We offer full design, installation and construction services from conception to completion using the latest technology and software, with offices across three continents and a client base that spreads over fourteen sectors.
Since Designer Group was established in 1992, we have reached many significant international milestones that have attributed to our global presence and success. Having completed more than 800 projects, we are a confident and energetic business with strong foundations.
Our success is founded on a set of open and honest values that focus on our people, our clients and their goals. Safe, Trust, Respect, Challenge and Deliver.
Our values are who we are, what we stand for, and how we behave. We ask our people to embrace these behaviours and adopt this approach in the way they go about their work, every day.
A new position is being introduced to support a group of Operations Directors and the Group Chief Finance Officer. The role holder will be office based our Head Office based in Clyde House, IDA Blanchardstown Business & Technology Park, Dublin 15.
- Co-ordination of diary management for the Operations Directors, including shared and individual day-to-day diary commitments, monthly recurring schedule and travel arrangements (accommodation, flights, transfer etc.).
- Supporting the limited administrative requirements of the Group CFO
- Management of email and business correspondence
- Co-ordination of monthly project review meetings, preparation of agenda and identification of the actions from the meetings and ensuring they are followed up in advance of the next meeting.
- Scheduling the regular contract manager/project manager forums, ensuring they are properly organised and operating in accordance with the plan.
- Supporting the smooth running of a range of business project initiatives, under the direction of the senior leaders responsible.
- Collation of key data in advance of management meetings and attendance at meetings when required.
- Preparation of presentation material (PPTs) for internal and external meetings with a range of stakeholders.
- Filtering of communication to and from project sites.
- Scheduling of one:one meetings, performance review and site team sessions,
- Leave co-ordination across operational teams, for the direct reports of the Operations Directors.
- Co-ordination of actions from Operations Director site walks and project meetings.
- Co-ordination of agreed content for the monthly Operations Directors business report, for submission to the monthly management team meeting.
- General administration for the Operations Directors, including organising some internal and external events.
- Collation of personal business expenses for Operations Directors, for submission in accordance with the Designer Group Expenses Policy and Procedure.
- Co-ordination of reports required for various Boards, Committee and Senior Manager meetings.
- Raising of Internal Requisitions for the general Purchase Orders for any approved expenditure.
- Co-ordination of international travel and accommodation arrangements for some operational team members, as part of overseas assignment processes.
- Booking of flights where necessary for the Operations team and the CFO.
- Booking accommodation transfers, vaccination requirements and PCR testing as necessary.
- Negotiating corporate rates with hotels where necessary.
- Tracking of country days where required in respect of the overseas travel of the Operations team.
- Tracking the costs of fights, visas, accommodation, and transport and ensuring payments are made.
- Reconciling staff expenses while abroad and updating the finance team on a monthly basis.
- Reconciling and approval (where appropriate) of direct reports time allocations.
- Preparation of reading material in advance of meetings
Knowledge & experience
- At least 3 years Senior Business Support/Personal Assistant experience is required. Ideally supporting a group of professionals, rather than on individual. Experience of the M&E or construction sector is an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent co-ordination and organisational skills, with an acute attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative, with occasionally conflicting demands and deadlines
- Experience of international travel co-ordination, entry requirements and the logistics of arranging short term overseas posting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – both verbal & written, with previous experience of minute-taking and t
- The production of dictated correspondence
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office- Microsoft, PowerPoint, Excel, Viewpoint and other office applications
- Personal resilience – the ability to multi task & work well under pressure
- A high level of integrity and trust with confidential information
- Full driving licence
- Enthusiastic, keen to progress and a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to self motivate and be pro active.
- Articulate and approachable, with brilliant presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The ability and willingness to work to meet deadlines.
- Solution focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions and recommendations.