About our Company
Designer Group is a leading international mechanical & electrical provider specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply, and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, we directly employ over 1,000 experienced and dedicated colleagues across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies and our common purpose is delivering ambitious, innovative and sustainable engineering solutions, building client partnerships that bear testament to the standards we uphold.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values: Safe/Trust/Respect/Challenge/Deliver.
The QA/QC Mechanical Lead will lead QA/QC activity and compliance across their designated projects in relation to quality assurance commissioning and company policies. In addition, they will strive for improvement from lessons learned from projects and drive implementation through their projects.
Roles & responsibilities
- Ensure their assigned projects are executed to the highest possible standards and strictly in accordance with all the regulatory requirements, design drawings, specifications, technical submittals, manufacturer’s recommendations and all other relevant project specific documentation.
- Continuously review existing quality and commissioning systems / procedures and update in line with project and industry requirements
- Interact with cross disciplinary and cross functional teams to establish and implement standard operation procedures, processes and technical requirements
- Liaise and work with project personnel to provide technical advice / resolve problems and ensure Project Engineers are trained in QA/ QC processes in line with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Develop a project specific Quality plan for each project incorporating the requirements of each stakeholder
- Ensure all projects are executed strictly in accordance with the company’s Audit Lean Programme and Policy.
- Arrange for all required mock ups to be reviewed and signed off by all project stakeholders. These must be utilised for all future benchmarking. The final signed off mock up must be fully documented and communicated to all relevant parties.
- Co-ordinate factory acceptance tests (FAT) and site acceptance tests (SAT) with all equipment vendors and ensure all tests and associated documentation is completed strictly in accordance with the project specifications
- Carry out periodic installation inspections and issue associated audit documentation in accordance with company procedures. Ensure all audits are closed out with all issues addressed within the agreed time frames
- Co-ordinate system walk downs with all project stakeholders in accordance with the company tagging system and agreed system handover protocol.
- Inspecting and auditing Designer Group’s sites to ensure compliance with Designer Group’s policy and procedures.
- Ensure all project documentation is up to date and in accordance with company policy and procedures for auditing purposes.
- Maintain a master Punch List for each project and ensure all items raised by the project stakeholders are completed and signed off within the agreed time frames.
- Ensure any items raised during the defect’s liability period are addressed in a timely manner and signed off by the project stakeholders.
- Attend monthly management meetings with an update for the management team.
- Liaise with relevant Contract/Project Management personnel to plan and determine the programme for completion of commissioning phases of a project. Identify all key milestones in the programme and ensure all systems are available and fully operational for handover to the client.
- Participate in detailed technical reviews of the installation and commissioning processes
- Develop a project specific Commissioning Plan. Identify commissioning responsibilities and ensure relevant human resources and stakeholders understand, complete and manage the commissioning process with required timeframe
- Define commissioning roles and scope for members of design commissioning and construction teams; prepare commissioning plan and interfaces with validation plan where applicable. Confer with project staff to advise work plan and assign duties responsibilities and level of authority.
- Develop and support start-up / commissioning / safety plans and procedures, ensuring conformance to all company policies.
- Monitor commissioning results against technical specifications and ensure that commissioning is executed in line with agreed project requirements
- Prepare commissioning progress reports for project stakeholders
- Coordinate and / or attend design construction, start up, commissioning of all mechanical systems.
- Ensure all record documentation (O & M manuals/ record drawings / BCAR certificates/ Life Safety System Certificates and all other regulatory documentation) is fully complete and ready for issue at PC stage on each project.
- Contribute to the QA elements of commercial bidding
- Maintain and contribute to the training logs, skills matrix and records for the mechanical QA team.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job title as may be determined by your line manager.
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer with 3 years + experience
- Proven experience working with databases and systems, including inputting and extracting information
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational / planning skills
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, participants and external stakeholders
- Be proactive and committed
- Flexible and willing to work in a constantly changing environment of a growing company
- Conscientious and responsible
- Ability to support, manage, lead and enthuse others.
- Excellent presentation skills and willing to take the lead in such presentations as required
- Willing to undertake further training should the company believe necessary for the role
Your education & experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical project engineering or a similar role.