Why this role matters to DG
As Quantity Surveyor one of your main focuses will be involvement in compilation of tender documents and procurement strategy. You will be collaborating closely with the Commercial Director and Buyer/Estimation Departments in relation to company projects. You will be reporting directly to the Associate Director of Quantity Surveying.
About The Company
Designer Group is a leading specialist Mechanical and Electrical service provider working direct to the client or for tier 1 main contractors on a range of high-profile projects within London and surrounding areas. DG is a very established business with the Dublin office employing over 800 staff. The UK business subsequently opened in 2006 becoming very successful, growing significantly within the last two years and currently employing over 200 staff which will continue to increase over the next five years. Our success depends solely on the quality and motivation of our people and their ability to challenge the ‘norm’.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values:
Overview of duties
- Placement of sub-contract orders in conjunction with relevant Manager/Buying Department.
- Evaluate the terms and conditions of sub-contractors / contracts with emphasis on Risk, Program, Terms & Conditions, Design Responsibility etc.
- Prepare Tender Risk Analysis based on standard format, Contract documentation including bill of quantities.
- Run accurate Commercial Cost Control Reports on projects ensuring reports clearly identify committed costs, forecast costs for materials, sub-contract and labour in addition to preliminaries etc.
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks in conjunction with the Commercial Director.
- Provide advice on contractual claims – analysing outcomes and forecast and report as required.
- To prepare and present monthly company reports at each project and/or business review, in line with company formats and standards.
- Assist the Commercial Director in the preparation of monthly commercial reports.
- Assist the Estimation Department from time to time on the preparation of estimates.
- Ensure that client relationships are enhanced to maximize on current and future opportunities.
- Third level Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Health Care
- Career Progression within the wider group
- Accredited Engineers Ireland Employer for CPD
- Pathway to Chartership with the SCSI
- International Travel Opportunities
- WrkIt lifestyle savings, learning and wellbeing platform membership
- Overseas project placement opportunities after completion of the programme