Why this role matters to DG
Designer Group is a leading specialist Mechanical and Electrical service provider working direct to the client or for tier 1 main contractors on a range of high profile projects within London and surrounding areas. DG is a very established business with the Dublin office employing over 800 staff. The UK business subsequently opened in 2006 becoming very successful, growing significantly within the last two years and currently employing over 200 staff which will continue to increase over the next five years. Our success depends solely on the quality and motivation of our people and their ability to challenge the ‘norm’.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values: Safe/Trust/Respect/Challenge/Deliver.
Due to the businesses continued growth we currently have a new exciting opportunity for a BIM Co-ordinator to join our busy team on a permanent, full-time basis working from one of our prestigious projects in Central London.
We are therefore looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, team oriented and are looking for a challenge in a growing organisation.
Reporting to the Commercial Director the responsibilities, requirements and personal specifications for the position are as outlined below
- To manage and facilitate /chair BIM co-ordination workshops as and where necessary or required by the specific project needs.
- To work closely with the Project to provide advice on co-ordination and design for manufacture during concept and design development stages.
- Check and monitor technical quality of all BIM output and compliance with BIM Standards, Methods and Procedures and ‘best practice’ standards.
- Check all BIM output both internal & External for compliance against BIM Contractual documentation and the agreed BIM scope, to ensure a cost effective, efficient, clash free installation of services on site.
- Manage on a day to day basis the needs of the BIM personnel assigned to work on your Projects.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to less senior members of the Designer Group BIM Team.
- To be completely familiar with all aspects of REVIT MEP, Fabrication MEP , including Project Templates , Revit Family creation.
- To model, coordinate and produce drawings for Mechanical, Electrical and Public health Services along with modelling and drawings for the associated builderswork requirements using REVIT MEP.Set up and carry out Navisworks Manage project Clash Rule sets and deliver clash detection reports.
- Set up and carry out Navisworks Manage project Clash Rule sets and deliver clash detection reports.
- To model services accurately using procured equipment and offsite requirements To consider CDM requirements during coordination this activity.
- Ensure our BIM PAS1192 standards are maintained on BIM Project along with ISO19650 Standards.
Design, Coordination & CDM Knowledge
- Ability to size ductwork
- In depth knowledge of coordination good practice for main services distribution routes, risers and plantrooms with the ability to integrate offsite manufacturing solutions.
- Good understanding of implications of coordination on system resistances and plant duties
- Awareness of relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and BSRIA BG6 2018 guidance.
- Knowledge of main pipework systems, jointing and their components
- Knowledge of DW144
- Knowledge of cable containment types, limitations/restrictions, installation methods
- Capable of site survey
BIM Software Experience
- In depth knowledge of REVIT MEP, BIM 360, Autodesk Fabrication, AutoCAD, Navisworks Manage and Solibri3
- Good knowledge of various Common Data Environment (CDE) systems such as Viewpoint, BIW, Asite and SharePoint.
- Experience with the use of BIM add in software such as BIM track, Glider BIM, etc.
- Competent with the use of the REVIT COBie plugin to provide accurate Cobie outputs from Model.
- Experience with the use of BIM Collab and Revizt
- Commercial, Education, Health, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Waste, Energy, Transport
- Concept design, Developed design, Technical design, Fabrication design, Record
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be an exceptional team player, interacting with all departments on a daily basis
- Flexible and adaptable, willing to train and learn new skills
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail in every aspect of their work
- Possess an excellent grasp of the English language and grammar
- Be confident and outgoing
- Be a proactive, self-starter, reliable and able to use own initiative
- Be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Designer Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.