Why this role matters to DG
Designer Group is looking to recruit an experienced BIM Coordinator to join its growing BIM/CAD department. You will join a team of ambitions, innovative Coordinators and Technicians challenged with delivering projects from our diverse range of clients through multiple sectors. Designer Group are at the forefront of the latest innovation in the Virtual Design & Construction environment. Our BIM Team utilises VR Technology, Point Cloud Scanning & Autodesks full package of BIM software on all BIM projects.
Overview of duties
- Development of models and reports in line with company requirements.
- Production of GA’s and detailing sheets.
- Manage the in-house drawing control and drawing schedules, ensuring drawing management is up to date.
- Assist in the implementation of off-site drawing through the BIM model.
- Assistance in the overall development of the BIM protocols and systems, to include marketing BIM capability as necessary to external clients/consultants.
- Championing the benefits of BIM internally to employees alongside training/mentoring of staff on completion of training modules.
- Ensure continual improvement of an integrated management system, looking at new and future technologies.
- Complete material procurement schedules/requisitions programming (timelines) for projects.
- Deal with sub-contractors, client consultants and GC to ensure correct installation.
- Production of 3D Construction models from base information – PID’s, Scan of facility and Cloud data.
- Provision of construction detailing on the systems to enable the automatic production of isometrics and BOM.
- Clash management on all systems.
- Problem-solving and resolution of co-ordination and design roadblocks.
- Field surveying and verification.
- Development of 3D co-ordinate services and structure layouts for clash control.
- The production of builders works schedules and associated drawings.
- Production of 2D and 3D design drawings, prefabrication isometrics and details.
Your education & experience requirements
- Third level degree/Trade experience advantageous.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Your skills & competencies
3D Construction models, BOM, Clash Management, Problem Solving, Field surveying, Design Tools, BIM, CRM, Project Management, Continuous Improvement, Training & Development, Systems Development, Drawing Controls, Coordination, Engineering and BIM.
- Career progression
- Accredited Engineers Ireland Employer for CPD
- International Travel Opportunities