About Our Company
Designer Group (DG), is a leading specialist Mechanical and Electrical service provider working direct to the client or for tier 1 main contractors on a range of high-profile projects within London and surrounding areas. DG is a very established business with the Dublin office employing over 1,000 staff. The UK business subsequently opened in 2006 becoming very successful, growing significantly within the last two years and currently employing over 160 staff.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values of:
This is an exciting time for Designer Group, with the fruits of our Engineering Our Future Strategy 2025 reflected in our substantial pipeline of work in Ireland, Europe, Africa and South America.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Delivering the basics brilliantly and demonstrate cross-departmental communication.
- To work effectively within a dynamic procurement environment.
- Ability to manage and deliver the procurement elements of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expediting supply chain management from source to delivery ensuring timely deliveries.
- Requesting and reviewing supplier quotations from a commercial standpoint.
- Processing requisition data through ERP system.
- Negotiation of material rates.
- Maintaining supplier relationships and master data.
- Spend analysis.
- Financial reporting (monthly /weekly) meeting defined KPIs.
- Liaising with project managers to set & maintain budgets.
- Applying and engaging in LEAN initiatives within the purchasing process, where possible.
- Investigation and evaluation of new potential suppliers, recommending those most desirable to senior management.
- Negotiating with partners for the recovery of defect products during the warranty period.
- Keep abreast of best in class procurement practices in order to facilitate effective and practical solutions to stakeholder requests, concerns, and inquiries.
- Assist in providing feedback to the Procurement leads regarding the integration of preferred supplier alliances including the effectiveness of the stakeholder/supplier interface, problem resolution and optimization.
- Participate on category teams providing technical support. Link market knowledge and site requirements.
- Stakeholder engagement, alignment on project delivery and budget buy in.
- Relevant Procurement diploma or degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role within the construction industry preferable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on one’s own as well as a team.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Health Care.
- Career Progression within the wider group.
- WrkIt lifestyle savings, learning and wellbeing platform membership.
Designer Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.