About the Company
Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Overview of duties
- To implement and maintain the Materials Management Policy process flow as developed in the Pre-construction phase of the project – See MM Process Flow document.
- To inspect inbound material deliveries for accuracy and quality in line with the Designer Group SOP Quality Procedures.
- Non-conforming deliveries must be segregated to a quarantine area for further escalation in line with the Materials Management Process Flow document.
- To ensure that all materials are secured and stored as per manufacturer’s recommendations – where applicable, materials should be labelled and stored on shelves/racks for ease of access and stock take.
- To maintain a materials goods, sign in/out sheet (Date, Time, Description, Quantity, company).
- Goods Receipting – The storeman or nominated site representative is responsible for checking the delivery against the Official Purchase Order in Designer Groups ERP System.
- To perform a weekly stock take of materials on site, (by location) and maintain accurate inventory lists of materials.
- To maintain a consistent presence in the material stores and ensure that the stores are locked and secured when not in attendance.
- To agree open store times with the site manager to ensure a productive approach to material planning and distribution is observed.
- Where applicable, the storeman should agree a cut off time to prepare for bag/tag of outbound materials for collection/delivery.
- To ensure that appropriate signage is in place in the stores location – Opening times, safety signage, No unauthorized access signage and marketing signage.
- To ensure the adequate storage of chemicals in a chemical storage box and ensure that the appropriate MSDS chemical sheets are available upon request.
- The storeman should notify the buyer of any known surplus materials on site and ready those materials for return to the supplier for credit.
- Company Owned Plant Equipment – The storeman is responsible for maintaining a weekly/monthly stock check of free issue plant and equipment in line with Designer Group (SOP) standard operating procedures.
- The storeman should perform a daily walk of the project site to ensure that all surplus materials are identified and returned to the stores, where applicable.
Your education & experience requirements
- Qualification in logistics/ transport or supply chain desirable
- Ideally knowledge of electrical and mechanical procurement
- Up to date Safe Pass, Manual Handling are required
- MEWP, Mobile Access Tower training is desirable
Your skills & competencies
- Microsoft Office proficient is essential.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with a can do attitude
How you can develop your career in DG
The Operations Team work closely with all departments in the group, allowing employees to vary and develop their knowledge and expertise. Our people are the foundation for our continued growth and encouraging continuous professional development and providing a pathway to Professional Chartership is a top priority. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.