About this role
This is an exciting time in Designer Group with a range of prestigious M&E projects and a new and ambitious business strategy. We have an opportunity in our HR team for an experienced TA professional to work directly with internal stakeholders to identify and attract top talent. The role will be responsible for managing the end-to-end recruitment cycle, leading a range of campaigns to ensure the achievement of resourcing plans and constant innovation in their field.
About Designer Group
About Our Company Designer Group is a leading international mechanical and electrical provider specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin (Dublin 15) we directly employ just over 350 dedicated and skilled people in the Irish business and people deployed in Africa, on client projects. Designer Group also has a significant UK business, with a dedicated HR team in Watford. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies as a preferred partner. Our Group values of Safe, Trust, Respect, Challenge and Deliver breath life into our brand and guide our decision making.
Why work for us?
We have outstanding people working in our business and we strive to hire those who can contribute to our ambitious growth plans and enjoy contributing to diverse and dynamic teams. We promise to be a values led business where you can build a long and rewarding career and where you are provided with scope for development and opportunities to experience personal growth. This opportunity is within an expanding HR team, charged with supporting and partnering the business to meet challenging stretch objectives. The role will be involved in both operational HR delivery and some strategic People projects.
Key Operational Responsibilities of the Role
- Reporting directly to the HR Director, you will have responsibility over the full recruitment process lifecycle for the Irish business (role scope – hiring strategy – candidate management – offer management, candidate onboarding)
- Liaise directly with hiring managers in operational projects and functional departments on people requirements, operating best practice recruitment practice at all times.
- Research the market in which we operate to formulate recruitment plans for key requirements.
- Advise and coach hiring managers on their candidate assessment approach.
- Assisted by our Talent and Onboarding Administrator in posting roles using various platforms and websites.
- Researching and keeping ahead of trend in respect of recruitment and sourcing approaches. This will include a review of current processes versus requirements and compliance standards.
- Set a standard for candidate management across the Irish business.
- Screen and evaluate applicants at initial stage, providing short-lists to hiring managers.
- Attend regular resource planning meetings when new business is secured, to ensure all people hiring requirements are actioned in line with plan.
- Co-ordinate regular resource planning meetings to monitor and share progress against targets. This will include identifying any need to change existing approach to be more forward planning focused.
- Develop campaigns for specific requirements, including international hires
- Oversee the critical skills visa process, utilizing our external visa partner and Trusted Partnership status, adhering to correct practice.
- Co-ordinate, in conjunction with the Talent and Onboarding Administrator, the delivery of HR induction, key onboarding actions such as the 4-week plan and conduct Touchpoint meetings in line with Designer Group practice.
- Build effective working relationships with the wider HR team (HR Generalist delivery and Talent Development Specialist) to provide a cohesive delivery to the business.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the HR Director, as requested.
- Ensure the transfer of the new hire data file to the HR Generalist team.
- Represent the HR function at staff engagement events
- Occasional project site visits as part of HR plan
- Participate in the project implementation team on Designer Group’s PXD project, phase 2, which involves the implementation of applicant tracking and candidate management processes, optimizing the existing HRIS.
- Contribute to the delivery of the People Workstream of the 2025 strategic plan.
- Work with the HR Director on the future development of Group Talent Acquisition strategy, examining different models and approaches to resource planning and management.
Knowledge & experience
- Proven track record in in-house recruitment, preferably in engineering or construction, including international campaigns. Agency recruitment experience will be considered.
- Self-driven, with high standards and a natural flair for recruiting to a high standard.
- Ability to manage a demanding open hire list and effectively priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider HR team.
- An understanding of GDPR obligations and the importance of the secure management of confidential, personal information.
- Experience of a range of social media recruitment tools and platforms.
- Effective and respectful communication skills.
- Ability to work well with clear deadlines and deliverables.
- Experience of applicant tracking systems.
- CIPD qualified, HR degree or post-graduate diploma an advantage.
- Full driving licence.
- Enthusiastic, keen to progress and a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to self motivate and be pro active.
- Articulate and approachable, with brilliant presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The ability and willingness to work to meet deadlines.
- Solution focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions and recommendations.