As part of the expansion of the HR function in Designer Group, we seek a Talent & Development Specialist to join our team.
About Our Company
Designer Group is a leading international mechanical & electrical provider specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply, and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, we directly employ over 1,000 experienced and dedicated colleagues across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies and our common purpose is delivering ambitious, innovative and sustainable engineering solutions, building client partnerships that bear testament to the standards we uphold.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values: Safe/Trust/Respect/Challenge/Deliver.
As part of a small HR team and reporting to the HR Director, the Talent Development Specialist will plan and co-ordinate the annual talent development programme for Designer Group, collaborating with internal management teams in designing, developing and deploying new L&D strategies across the business. They will take ownership for the annual graduate programme co-ordination, monitoring internship progression, in line with functional heads and work with HR colleagues to identify other talent development strategies to widen the talent pipeline.
Key collaboration partners include the Talent and Engagement Partner, the Training Director (Training Academy, Nore Road), the Head of EHS and other Heads of Function (e.g. Engineering, Commercial, Estimation).
The Talent Development Specialist may deputise for the HR Director from time to time.
The role holder will have the following deliverables:
- Proactively collaborate with internal stakeholders to diagnose organisational capability development needs and design, develop and deploy a selection of developmental strategies to support a range of requirements.
- Structure and, where appropriate, deliver training interventions to address core needs or new policy implementation.
- Examine, together with operational teams and functional leads, capability gaps, developmental solutions and input to the people plan.
- External vendor engagement-establishing a preferred list.
- Monitor programme effectiveness and the transfer of learning.
- Develop learning needs identification processes to tie in with other people processes and the annual calendar of planning and review, such as the performance assessment process.
- Co-ordinate the agreed annual L&D plan and budget allocation.
- Contribute to any future LMS implementation, as part of the People XD implementation plan.
- Further cultivation of a coaching culture across DG teams.
- Support the continuous improvement activities – Leading Our Way, Engineering Our Future.
- Evaluate the current leadership development programme and implement a calendar for delivery for 2022 and beyond.
- Contribute to the HR policy agenda
- Identify and implement improvements in the training process and systems to ensure the outstanding approach to training.
- Support effective induction training, working with line managers on the first 4-week schedule.
- Develop appropriate metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of programmes.
- Contribute to the overall HR function and team delivery, being flexible in delegation and cover as required.
Knowledge/Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience of in-house L&D delivery
- Qualification in HR (CIPD), Dip L&D and/or QQI Level 6 Train the Trainer , or equivalent
- Previous experience in the provision of general HR delivery, ideally within an engineering, construction or manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- Ability to respond under pressure whilst at the same time being able to prioritise a diverse workload.
- Able to work flexibly as part of a small team, within a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
The successful person will:
- Have a clear understanding of what excellence looks like.
- Have experience of value-driven people engagement
- Be able to build effective working relationships and influence others through credible delivery and presentation to the business.
- Demonstrate experience of a coaching management style
- Have drive and enthusiasm and demonstrate practice and behaviours in line with the core values of Designer Group
- Able to use own initiative in decision making