About Our Company
Designer Group is a leading international mechanical & electrical provider specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply, and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, we directly employ over 1,000 experienced and dedicated colleagues across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies and our common purpose is delivering ambitious, innovative and sustainable engineering solutions, building client partnerships that bear testament to the standards we uphold.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values:
The Training Academy in Designer Group has responsibility for the delivery of in-house and external training content covering a number of technical and safety areas such as:
- Manual Handling
- Safe Pass
- Working at Heights
- Electrical & Mechanical Safe Systems of Work
- DG Gold Standards
- DG Apprentice Induction
- Occupational First Aid
- First Safety Training
Reporting to the Training Director, the role will have responsibility for the planning and delivery of a range of accredited training content. This will involve contributing to the overall objectives of the Training Academy, liaison with clients and delegates and the identification of creative learning solutions designed to meet client needs and generate revenue.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Prepare lesson plans, course content and presentation material in advance of programme delivery.
- The delivery of course content both in classroom and remote/on-line as per the Training Academy delivery plan.
- Mark any assessment material required as part of the accredited programme and ensure records are updated.
- Contribute to the overall annual plan, working with the Training Director and other DG colleagues.
- Network in the industry to generate new business and fill programme places.
- Liaison with a range of delegates and learners, ensuring their training and accreditation records are accurate and up to date.
- Ensuring your personal accreditation to delivery core course content is up to date.
- Scheduling of L&D delivery in conjunction with Training Academy colleagues.
- Innovation in the development of existing and new programme delivery and methods delivery.
- Design, develop and manage training effectiveness surveys.
- Identify and implement improvements by using data from survey feedback or reports to improve the training design and delivery, and end user experience.
- Liaison with DG operational and HR personnel (site and head office based) in terms of induction and training interventions to support high performing teams.
- Candidates must have the requisite knowledge, skills and competencies to carry out the role and be capable and competent of fulfilling the role to a high standard and competent of fulfilling the role to a high standard.
- Hold a recognised formal Electrical or Mechanical qualification (National Craft Certificate in Electrical Trade or equivalent/higher).
- Have proven, hands-on experience in the M&E / Construction industry.
- Be articulate with the ability to communicate and impart the relevant course content in a manner and style that motivates the learner.
- Demonstrate awareness of health and safety legislation and requirements.
- Be accredited to deliver a range of programmes (Manual Handling instruction, Working at Heights etc).
- A formal learning & development qualification is an advantage.
- Demonstrate good customer relationship skills and the ability to generate new business.
- An understanding of the Craft Apprentice Apprenticeship programme is an advantage.
- Some previous experience with L&D software is an advantage but not essential.