17/4, all travel and accommodation costs are covered by Designer Group and a subsistence allowance is also provided.
The Commissioning Manager will lead and manage the commissioning engineering team and ensure all projects comply with the quality assurance and commissioning company policies. S/he will work with our Project Managers and Site Management to ensure our projects are commissioned in line with project specifications and regulatory requirements. In addition, s/he will strive for improvement from lessons learned from past projects in relation to technical cost elements from tendered to actual. You will drive the training needs for your team and the technical training need of operations when required.
About Our Company
Designer Group is a leading international mechanical & electrical provider specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply, and installation of M&E services. Headquartered in Dublin, we employ in excess of 1000 experienced and dedicated colleagues across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies and our common purpose is delivering ambitious, innovative and sustainable engineering solutions, building client partnerships that bear testament to the standards we uphold.
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values of:
This is an exciting time for Designer Group, with the fruits of our Engineering Our Future Strategy 2025 reflected in our substantial pipeline of work in Ireland, Europe, Africa and South America.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure projects are executed to the highest possible standards and strictly in accordance with all the regulatory requirements, design drawings, specifications, technical submittals, manufacturer’s recommendations and all other relevant project specific documentation.
- Continuously review existing quality and commissioning systems / procedures and update in line with project and industry requirements.
- Interact with cross disciplinary and cross functional teams to establish and implement standard operating procedures, processes and technical requirements for the commissioning need of the projects.
- Liaise and work with project personnel to provide technical advice / resolve problems and ensure Project Engineers are trained in commissioning activities and documentation.
- Arrange for all required mock ups to be reviewed and signed off by all project stakeholders. These must be utilised for all future benchmarking. The final signed off mock up must be fully documented and communicated to all relevant parties.
- Co-ordinate factory acceptance tests (FAT) and site acceptance tests (SAT) with all equipment vendors and ensure all tests and associated documentation is completed strictly in accordance with the project specifications
- Carry out periodic installation inspections and issue associated audit documentation in accordance with company procedures. Ensure all audits are closed out with all issues addressed within the agreed timeframes
- Co-ordinate system walk downs with all project stakeholders in accordance with the company commissioning steps, quality management system and agreed system handover protocol.
- Manage our Client handover expectation, setting tangible examples of excellence on handover.
- Manage, evaluate and train the commissioning engineering staff.
- Work with operations and maintain a master Punch List relating to commissioning dependencies for projects and ensure all items raised by the project stakeholders are completed and signed off within the agreed timeframes.
- Where necessary, assist in the defect’s liability period are addressed in a timely manner and signed off by the project stakeholders.
- Where required by the SMT. attend monthly management meetings with an update for the management team.
- Ensure that Designer Group is using the latest software.
- Liaise with relevant Contract/Project Management personnel to plan and determine the programme for completion of commissioning phases of a project. Identify all key milestones in the programme and ensure all systems are available and fully operational for handover to the client.
- Participate in detailed technical reviews of the installation and commissioning processes.
- Development of project specific Commissioning Plans. Identify commissioning responsibilities and ensure relevant human resources and stakeholders understand, complete and manage the commissioning process with required timeframe.
- Define commissioning roles and scope for members of design commissioning and construction teams; prepare commissioning plan and interfaces with validation plan where applicable. Confer with project staff to advise work plan and assign duties responsibilities and level of authority.
- Develop and support start up / commissioning / safety plans and procedures, ensuring conformance to all company policies.
- Monitor commissioning results against technical specifications and ensure that commissioning is executed in line with agreed project requirements.
- Prepare commissioning progress reports for project stakeholders.
- Coordinate and / or attend design construction, start-up, commissioning of all electrical systems.
- Ensure all record documentation (O&M manuals/ record drawings / BCAR certificates/ Life Safety System Certificates and all other regulatory documentation) is fully complete and ready for issue at PC stage on each project.
- Contribute to the commissioning elements of commercial bidding.
- Maintain and contribute to the training logs, skills matrix and records for the engineering and commissioning teams.
- Manage a team of commissioning engineers.
- Manage the output and technical deliverables of Vendors.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job title as may be determined by your line manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified Engineer with 5 years + experience in the M&E engineering.
- Proven experience working with databases and systems, including inputting and extracting information.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational / planning skills.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, participants and external stakeholders.
- Be proactive and committed.
- Flexible and willing to work in a constantly changing environment of a growing company.
- Conscientious and responsible.
- Ability to support, manage, lead and enthuse others.
- Excellent presentation skills and willing to take the lead in such presentations as required.
- Willing to undertake further training should the company believe necessary for the role.
- People Performance management responsibilities.
If you are excited about this opportunity and meet the qualifications mentioned above, we would love to hear from you. Our recruitment team will review applications and reach out to qualified candidates for further consideration.
Designer Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.