About The Company
Designer Group is a leading international mechanical & electrical provider specializing in turnkey packages for the design, supply, and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, we directly employ over 1,000 experienced and dedicated colleagues across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies and our common purpose is delivering ambitious, innovative and sustainable engineering solutions, building client partnerships that bear testament to the standards we uphold.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values: Safe/Trust/Respect/Challenge/Deliver.
Why this role matters to DG
As part of an exciting company expansion project, Designer Group is seeking for a Project Manager to join our Operations Department. As a Project Manager, you will be leading your assigned project and will be responsible to ensure the project is delivered on time, on budget, to the highest quality standards and exceeding the client’s expectations. Your role will involve the management of senior project personnel, (Site Managers, Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and other departmental leads) in the delivery of the contracts under your control
Overview of duties
- Involvement in Estimation preparations, packs and support.
- Design development, value engineering, pre and post contract commencement.
- Ensure the highest levels of commercial management are adhered too and commercial targets are achieved while working in conjunction with Project QS.
- Manage all aspects of procurement, including subcontractors and plant/equipment.
- Oversee the contracting process with chosen sub-contractors/specialists and ensure works are carried out correctly and per contract and relevant specifications.
- Closely monitor the usage of materials and resources on projects.
- Ensure weekly progress reports are issued, including, RFI’s, procurement schedules, technical submittals, programme updates, identification of critical issues that is specific to projects which you are involved in.
- Hold regular meetings with both the design team and sub-contractors.
- Oversee and execute the effective control and use of both labour and materials on projects.
- Be responsible for implementing company Health and Safety Procedures and reporting to the Company’s Health and Safety Manager.
- Actively engage in Business Development to obtain future opportunities for the company.
- Maintain and build upon good working relationships with internal & external stakeholders of the business.
Your education & experience requirements
- Ideally 5-10 years’ experience in a management role within the M & E industry.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, while building strong working relationships.
- Collaborative stakeholder management.
- Good interpersonal & written communication skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Your skills & competencies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with cross functional personnel.
- Good attention to detail, with an analytical approach and ability to work using your own initiative.
- Health Care
- Career Progression within the wider group
- Accredited Engineers Ireland Employer for CPD
- Pathway to Chartership with the SCSI
- International Travel Opportunities
How you can develop your career in DG
The Commercial Team work closely with all departments in the group, allowing employees to vary and develop their knowledge and expertise. Our people are the foundation for our continued growth and encouraging continuous professional development and providing a pathway to Professional Chartership is a top priority. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.