About Our Company
Designer Group is a leading international mechanical & electrical provider specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply, and installation of M&E services. Headquartered in Dublin, we employ in excess of 1000 experienced and dedicated colleagues across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies and our common purpose is delivering ambitious, innovative and sustainable engineering solutions, building client partnerships that bear testament to the standards we uphold.
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values of:
This is an exciting time for Designer Group, with the fruits of our Engineering Our Future Strategy 2025 reflected in our substantial pipeline of work in Ireland, Europe, Africa and South America.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conducting regular site audits/inspections to ensure health and safety compliance to Company and Client procedures/rules.
- Carry out accident, incident investigations and root cause analysis studies.
- Auditing and assessing potential new contractors before they commence works.
- Continue to develop the companies Behavioural Safety Policies and carry out training as required.
- Supervise and manage EHS documentation to support the Company’s integrated safety management system.
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the HSA as necessary.
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for personnel working on site.
- Maintain the required EHS registers to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Prepare and deliver training courses, including training assessments.
- Representation at site meetings as may be required.
- Reviewing the SWP’s (Safe Work Plans) for the tasks on site.
- Provide EHS advice and direction to relevant personnel on site as required.
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Tracking and compiling of weekly KPIs and issue to SMT.
Qualifications and Skills
- Hold a recognised third level qualification or Diploma in Health & Safety.
- At least five years’ health and safety experience gained in construction, preferably electrical engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork and presentation skills.
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft and excellent document control.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Flexibility in line with business requirements.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Occupational First Aider.
- Mental Health First Aider.
- Train the Trainer.
- Membership of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
- Competent in the use of online induction software and mobile devices to complete audits/inspections.
- Working within a generative culture, liaising with Client/PSDP/PSCS.
- Working in a highly regulated environment.
If you are excited about this opportunity and meet the qualifications mentioned above, we would love to hear from you. Our recruitment team will review applications and reach out to qualified candidates for further consideration.
Designer Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.