17/4, all travel and accommodation costs are covered by Designer Group and a subsistence allowance is also provided.
About Our Company
Designer Group is a leading international mechanical & electrical provider specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply, and installation of M&E services. Headquartered in Dublin, we employ in excess of 1000 experienced and dedicated colleagues across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies and our common purpose is delivering ambitious, innovative and sustainable engineering solutions, building client partnerships that bear testament to the standards we uphold.
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values of:
This is an exciting time for Designer Group, with the fruits of our Engineering Our Future Strategy 2025 reflected in our substantial pipeline of work in Ireland, Europe, Africa and South America.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting to Contract Managers, you will be required to supervise and direct operations on medium and large size projects, ensuring projects are completed safely, on time and within budget.
- You will be required to manage all aspects of programming works and monitoring building progress; compliance with regulations and issue weekly progress reports.
- Supervision of personnel on site.
- Carry out installation work in conjunction with managing site personnel.
- Review design process to ensure that installations are fit for purpose.
- Work with the Contracts Managers to devise suitable contracts for sub-contractors and appropriate site installation methods.
- Oversee the contracting process with chosen sub-contractors and ensuring all works are carried out correctly and as per contract.
- Co-ordination of plant movement and plant records, and keeping log records up to date and accurate and reporting plant issues to the Plant Manager including procurement, condition and delivery.
- Co-ordination of delivery of materials to site, when required, including checking quantity and quality of deliveries and taking full responsibility for same.
- Liaise with other trades people on site.
- Liaison with clients, main contractors and other trades personnel as and when required.
- Attendance at site meetings.
- Hold regular progress meetings with both the design team and sub-contractors and effectively control the use of both labour and materials.
- Carry out surveys of installations.
- Ensure the installations are ready for commissioning on the due dates and manage commissioning so that no liquidated damages are incurred on any projects.
- Close out project successfully and to budgeted profit levels.
- Be responsible for implementing Designer Group Health and Safety Procedures, and reporting to the Company’s Health & Safety Manager.
- Carry out weekly Toolbox Talks on site with all direct and indirect personnel.
- Carry out safety inductions with all new site personnel.
- Monitoring and implementing Method Statements daily.
- Liaising with Designer Group’s Quality Manager on all aspects of quality and ensuring any queries/issues are addressed and signed off.
- Comply with Designer Group’s Quality Systems including monitoring and maintaining site documentation.
- Provide ongoing mentoring and development for Apprentices on site and complete monthly staff assessments.
- Maintain and sign site staff timesheets.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications.
- Ability to plan all labour and material requirements at least two weeks in advance, ensuring adequate stocks/materials are available on site at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have combined M&E large scale project experience with experience in cleanrooms and preferably have worked within the following sectors, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and or Mission Critical facilities.
- Must have experience in the construction and commissioning of LPHW, CHW, Lab gases, Ventilation and Plantroom installations.
- Have a knowledgeable understanding of mechanical controls system, plant and equipment, ventilation systems, lab gases, and plumbing & pipe-work systems.
- Demonstrate track record of “on the job effectiveness” of large scale projects.
- Must be flexible to work outside normal hours if required.
- Be able to work on own initiative.
- Must have excellent people management skills.
- Ability to multi task is a key requirement.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Correct understanding and interpretation of CAD drawings
- Knowledge of BIM & Navisworks is an advantage.
If you are excited about this opportunity and meet the qualifications mentioned above, we would love to hear from you. Our recruitment team will review applications and reach out to qualified candidates for further consideration.
Designer Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.