Why this role matters to DG
The commercial department is a crucial element within the business and links the commercial operations on our projects with the overall financial management of the Company. This allows projects to run on budget and finances to flow as smoothly as possible.
Overview of duties
- Placement of sub-contract orders in conjunction with relevant Manager/Buying Department.
- Evaluate the terms and conditions of sub-contractors / contracts with emphasis on Risk, Program, Terms & Conditions, Design Responsibility etc.
- Prepare Tender Risk Analysis based on standard format, Contract documentation including bill of quantities.
- Run accurate Commercial Cost Control Reports on projects ensuring reports clearly identify committed costs, forecast costs for materials, sub-contract and labour in addition to preliminaries etc.
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks in conjunction with the Commercial Director/Commercial manager.
- To prepare and present monthly company reports at each project and/or business review, in line with company formats and standards.
- Assist the Commercial Director in the preparation of monthly commercial reports.
- Assist the Estimation Department from time to time on the preparation of estimates.
- Ensure that client relationships are enhanced to maximize on current and future opportunities.
Your education & experience requirements
- A degree in Quantity Surveying (BSc Hons is preferable) or Engineering degree qualification 2:1 or above from a recognised body
Your skills & competencies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with cross functional personnel.
- Good attention to detail, with an analytical approach and ability to work using your own initiative.
- Knowledge of Contract Law
- Medium or Proficient in the use of Microsoft office: Word and Excel
- Use of estimating / measurement software such as Bluebeam, RedSky etc.