Why this role matters to DG
Designer Group is a leading specialist Mechanical and Electrical service provider working direct to the client or for tier 1 main contractors on a range of high profile projects within London and surrounding areas. DG is a very established business with the Dublin office employing over 800 staff. The UK business subsequently opened in 2006 becoming very successful, growing significantly within the last two years and currently employing over 200 staff which will continue to increase over the next five years. Our success depends solely on the quality and motivation of our people and their ability to challenge the ‘norm’.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry. Our approach to everything we do is underpinned by our Values: Safe/Trust/Respect/Challenge/Deliver.
Due to the businesses continued growth we currently have a new exciting opportunity for a Site Administrator to join our busy team on a permanent, full-time basis working from one of our prestigious projects in Central London.
We are therefore looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, team oriented and are looking for a challenge in a growing organisation.
Reporting to the Commercial Director the responsibilities, requirements and personal specifications for the position are as outlined below
- Arrange access to main contractor EDMS & confirm protocols and methods of issuing all project documentation
- Project set up on Viewpoint (uploading tender documents as zip files into DG viewpoint) and uploading external design information (selected architectural, consultants and structural drawings and reports etc as agreed)
- Maintaining external design information up to date on DG viewpoint
- Set up project on Fieldview (initial set up with forms tasks processes and project specific with subcontractors and calibrated zones and locations)
- Assist site team with site office set up and office management responsibilities (liaise with IT department re IT/printing equipment & BT lines, liaise with procurement department re various stationery and office necessities etc)
- Preparation of specific documents and document trackers (in particular trackers of information released externally)
- Process client document changes (day file)
- Process DG drawings by making sure drawings are saved into DG Viewpoint system and voted through the workflow and once approved issued to main contractor. Maintain drawing tracker up to date.
- Process any documentation to be released to main contractor (TS, RFI, Samples, RAMS, Benchmarks, Reports QA documentation & commissioning certificates etc). Save on both internal and external EDMS and maintain trackers up to date accordingly
- Process statuses and comments received on DG documentation into DG viewpoint. Update trackers and notify site team.
- Maintain up do date A1/A0 and/or A3 copies of drawings on site (as required)
- Management of Viewpoint and Fieldview system (brief introduction to new team members, adding and removing new users, subcontractors, chasing the team re closing down forms and tasks etc)
- Process weekly design information notifications to design department and subcontractors
- Management of clock in system (if used on site)
- Processing H&S returns internally and externally.
- Keeping CSCS tracker up to date
- Keeping PAT testing tracker up to date
- Keep up to date records of signed rams briefing sheets
- Scan and save delivery notes into the system
- Assist in preparation of Internal and External monthly report if required (collating & combining information)
- Ensure the use of standard documents and forms throughout the project
- Archive superseded drawings and documents in line with Company procedures.
- Assist with preparation of O&M manual (collate and save information to Viewpoint)
- Process as builts ( as drawing point 8 above and issue to main contractor & process comments when received)
- Process QA documentation and test & commissioning certificates issue to main contractor and process comments received
- Save manufacturers information, warranties and narrative into DG viewpoint, issue to main contractor and process comments received
- Archive & organize shredding at project completion
- Assisting site team with office de-set-up
Office Management Responsibilities
- Coordinate site office tidiness
- Welcoming all internal/external visitors
- Coordinate site visitors PPE
- “looking after “new starters ( make sure desk space is available for them and introduce them to the team )
- Liaising with IT regarding any connection or printing /scanning issues
- Order site stationery and office supplies
- Keeping the project holiday calendar up to date
- Keeping site notice board up to date
- Organize and ensure the efficient running of company run webinars
- Printing/laminating labels and site signs
- Manage all visitor bookings / arrangements
- Take minutes of team and sub-contractor meetings and ensure records are filed
- Provide assistance to QA Manager and Commissioning Manager to ensure all QA and commissioning records are kept up to date
- Ensure all office supplies are satisfactorily stocked
- Supplement all team administration requirements
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working with various EDMS systems i.e Viewpoint Aconex or BIW
- Experience of working in the industry with basic understanding of construction documents
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office: Word and Excel (minim intermediate user)
- Computer Literacy
- Experience working with various file types
- Able to use own initiative
- Takes responsibility for own workload
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail / methodical
- Communicates effectively both written and verbal
- Enjoys problem solving
- A ‘can do’ attitude with an energetic and restless approach
- Good influencing and motivational skills
- Builds appropriate, professional and friendly relationships with the teams both in the office and on site.
- Effective use of time
- A thorough, disciplined and detailed style of work
- Logical and detailed analysis of data ability
- Problem solver
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach towards work related issues
- Can work under pressure
- Can work to tight deadlines
- Routine orientated
Designer Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.